- First you need to choose mesh. I recommend standard size 15mm mesh for just about everyone. I recommend you try 15mm East Coast Mesh. You can buy it at www.EastCoastDyes.com .
For a basic string job you will need the following:
- 1 Piece of Mesh
- 1 Topstring
- 2 Sidewall Strings
- 3 Shooting Strings
Stringing the Topstring
- The first step is to string the top string. The first tutorial is a basic tutorial and I recommend it for beginners. The second is a little more complicated but holds the top tighter and looks better.
This second tutorial is for the more complicated 9 Diamond triangle top string
Stringing the Sidewalls
- The next step is to string the sidewalls. This is where you choose the pocket placement. Each specific head page will have patterns and tutorials for different pocket placements. Below are 3 videos about each pocket placement: Mid, Low, High. I recommend a mid pocket for a player just started or someone that does not know exactly what they want.
- Also I have made videos with pocket recommendations for each specific position.
- You will also need to know how to string all of the knots and patterns for lacrosse. How to string the knots, interlocks, 1, 2, ect will be the first video.
Theory: Low Pocket
Theory: High Pocket
Pocket Recommendation: Midfield
Pocket Recommendation: Attack
Stringing the Shooting Strings
- Now that your pocket is strung you have to string the shooting strings. There are three types of shooting strings: weaved, barreled, and rolled. Below will be a video with information about all 3. I recommend weaved for almost everyone.
- You also must choose the type of shooting string: nylon or cloth. I string nylon shooters with sidewall and cloth with hockey lace. These can be purchased individually or in a kit on our site.
- Finally you must choose the shape: straight, U, or V.
Tutorial: Weaved Shooters
Theory: U's, V's, and Straights
- Now you have all of the basic information you need to string a lacrosse head. Please consult each specific head page for help with stringing the exact head you have!